Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mount Moto G2 in Fedora 20

For some reason on my desktop, plugging in the MotoG2 didn't auto mount it. With the Netbook I had got this to happen automatically.

But my terrible memory meant that I forgot what I did. So once again I was searching for a way to get this resolved when I found this site.

The site had detailed instruction on getting an Android phone to mount in Linux. Here's what I did specifically in Fedora 20.

  1. First I installed the relevant packages
    • yum install gvfs-mtp kio_mtp libmtp simple-mtpfs
  2. Then used the command to find the list of phones
    •  simple-mtpfs -l
  3. Finally mount using the following command
    •  simple-mtpfs
  4. To remove, all that was required to do was
    • sudo umount <mount-point-directory>
 As simple as that!